A couple fell 12 feet to the floor during a wedding stunt after a swing snapped during their lavish ceremony in India.
During the wedding function in Raipur, Chhattisgarh, the bride and groom made a dramatic entrance and were hoisted into the air on a huge circular swing surrounded by fireworks.
The footage, which was taken on Saturday evening, showed the frightening moment the harness snapped on the right side, plunging the couple to the ground in front of shocked guests.
The couple are believed to have sustained minor injuries but were able to continue with the ceremony 30 minutes later.
A couple fell 12ft to the floor after they were hoisted into the air on a circular swing during a marriage stunt in in Raipur, Chhattisgarh in central India
During the wedding function, the couple made a dramatic entrance and were hoisted into the air on a huge circular swing
The video, which has been viewed over 3000 times on Twitter, showed the couple slowly rising on the swing until the podium snapped and twisted to one side.
As the swing crashed down, the dancers who are on either side of the stage are filmed running away as silver confetti is released from a cannon.
According to reports, no complaint has been filed and the event management company has since apologised for the incident.
Speaking to NDTV, an employer from the company said: ‘No one suffered injuries in the incident. The bride and the groom are safe.’
As the swing crashed down, the dancers who are on either side of the stage are filmed running away as silver confetti is released from a cannon but were able to continue the ceremony 30 minutes later with minor injuries
One viewer wrote: ‘How scary – thankfully the bride and groom are okay.’
Another added: ‘If I was the event management, I’d be worried.’
Last month another video from an Indian wedding went viral when two guests carried on eating despite a fire breaking out.
The footage, filmed in Bhiwandi, in Maharashtra, India, opens with a shot of the two men at the table nonchalantly making conversation with the camera operator.
The man in the white shirt then casually glances at the fire before returning his attention to the meal.
The men can be seen chatting in the footage while other guests focus on the raging fire
The man in the white shirt did not even stop eating when he turned around to glance at the unfolding blaze
Many people at the wedding can be seen gawping at the fire as it raged but the two men being filmed were unperturbed.
The pair then continue their conversation as is the wedding had been uninterrupted.
According to NDTV, the fire took place at the wedding due to the use of firecrackers.
The fire gutted six two-wheelers, some chairs, and decorations from the nuptial celebrations in India’s second-most populous state.
Four fire …….